Top XX Reason to Choose Linux Over Windows

Currently I'm using Linux more often than other OS. Why? Here is my reason

  1. Linux easier (Ubuntu, OpenSUSE) to install than other OS (even windows). Plug the CD, boot it up and ready to roll in a few minutes. Almost all driver installed, and necessary program included by default.
  2. Linux perform (relatively) faster than other OS.
  3. Linux easier to maintain. Linux system strong enough to last in a few days with high system load without restart. Also less virus on Linux compare to windows.
  4. Linux is a multi purpose operating system. It serve me well. Solid enough as server, complete enough as desktop or gaming.
  5. When I say gaming, it's not only Linux game but also windows game running on Linux via WINE compatibility layer. WINE already release it first stable version. Thousand windows program now able to run on Linux seamlessly.
  6. Lots of room to experiment and tweak. I can turn my Linux into something "more".
  7. And don't forget that Linux is free. Free as in freedom :-).
Here is some screenshot from my Ubuntu desktop.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Ani-mon - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template