Finally a Working Compiz on Linux Mint

I'm wondering why my intel graphics not working on Linux mint 5. Till now i believe that intel is the best out of box ready graphic card on Linux. I still remember that Linux mint 4 able to detect almost anything on HP 520 laptop. Considering the fact I install Linux mint 5 on the same laptop, but the result is not what i expected. I can't enable compiz fusion on gnome desktop. After doing some googling i found that the problem is in the kernel. Linux mint using old -16 kernel. Soon after updating with Ubuntu 8.041 alternate disk, the problem is solved. Now I can enjoy beautiful Linux desktop. I think I'm gonna pick the "Redmond" got nothing template :-)

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Ani-mon - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template